Monday, January 9, 2012

12 in 12 Update #1



Although I am not a fan of "resolutions" I do like goal. I wrote this post and I can say I have already accomplished some of my goals.


1. Lose weight - No log in yet. I have been sticking to keeping a food log/calorie counter with the app on my phone. Aside from the holidays I am staying within my calories. I haven't felt a change in weight yet, but I am proud of my sticking to the calories and keeping up with the log on my phone. 



2. Get to selling - I finally opened my shop on Etsy. No sales yet, but I am getting some peeks. I am proud of getting down to posting items, it did take forever. 


3. Pay off my mom - I am sending in monthly payments toward her funeral costs. My goal for payoff remains June. 


4. Put down flooring - We spent our vacation putting the laminate in the living and dining rooms, as well as the blue tile in the kitchen.laundry area. All that is left is the second bedroom and small bath. I am so excited about getting 3 rooms done in 3 days. 

     

5. Paint 2nd bedroom - Nothing yet on this one. I am looking for the color and possible paint deal. 


6. Paint and try to start redo on the kitchen - Floor is complete. The husband took down the cabinet in the laundry area and we decided to put two long shelves there. He will fix that shelf to put it in the spot for a smaller cabinet that he's already taken down. I know my paint color and estimated how many gallons I will need. Again I am looking for a paint deal, but will probably get the Valspar from Lowe's. 


7. Get the shed out of the 2nd bath - The husband still has some work there. My goal is to get him to do it. 


8. Green it up - When we got the floor vents last week I picked up a small ivy plant. I already replanted it into another pot the husband brought home that was free! This one is definitely under way. I want to find some more planters and get something that can be hung. 

9. Take care of the finances - I am sending out another payment on this bill this week. On its way!


10. Do more, compute less - I read a book last week. We went on that road trip last week. We have been playing cards at the inlaws about every week. Keep it going!



11. Downsize - I started a new give away box. I went through a drawer in the kitchen and what was in the cabinet in the laundry area. We are working on this!


12. Sew something - During vacation I sewed a shirt, lounge pants and a stuffed animal. Not a new project, but it cleared out the sewing pile. Now to get to the crafty drawer and all that material.

No comments:

Post a Comment