Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Car Show that wasn't...and Pizza

This weekend the husband wanted to check out a car show that was advertised in the local paper. We packed up the father in-law for another weekend trip. This one was to be in Melrose, FL, so it was closer to home. We drove out in the rain only to find the location was completely empty.


We ended up going to the St Vincent de Paul Thrift store in Interlachen. We don't find a lot there but to me it is the least crowded St Vincent de Paul I have ever been to. The husband found a phone charger. I found a few books and a couple albums. Not that I need to start accumulating records after my 8 track problem/ The father in-law scored free cabbage.


Then we went back to Melrose to pick up the nephew. Then he said he didn't need a ride. It didn't matter because we were finally trying Betty's Pizza. We have driven by but never tried them.

First off the waitress Gloria was so friendly. She took care of everyone. We ordered a pizza and a calzone to share between us. They were both very cheesy. I could not believe the amount of cheese in the calzone. I will definitely go back for it again. The husband was eye balling another table's food. He wants to return for chicken alfredo.


We called it a day early and hung out at the in-laws the rest of the day. The husband had cleaned the paint off of the $5 bicycle. I think it looks great silver. He wants to paint it a candy color. This $5 bike may end up costing hundreds if I let him do everything he wants to do. We looked at some parts at the store. I need handle grips, a seat cover and a chain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment