Sunday, September 23, 2012

12 in 12 Update


Update #6

Man, I keep forgetting to update this monthly. Well, here is another shot at my goals...

1. Lose weight - I haven't weighed in for a while. My clothes fit the same so I doubt anything changed. 



2. Get to selling - Still haven't put anything back into the Etsy shop. I try to list some items weekly on Ebay. This weekend I took advantage of the free listings. I listed everything I had listed before that hadn't sold, plus dug out some things around the house. I am up to 60 sales for the year. Not bad. I need to work on photographing, describing and getting more sold. The husband has some NASCAR items he is sitting on that would sell. 


3. Pay off my mom - I am down to $200 owed. I have a plan to pay the rest off in cash when I go on vacation up north next month. My aunt is still going on about the urn and putting it in the ground. I am tired of thinking about others. My plan is to get the ashes, give some to my niece and spread the rest. My friends said they could take us out on the river to spread her. I think she would like that. I want to rescue my mother from the crazy relatives and have some closure. 


4. Put down flooring - Holding steady at 4 rooms. No new flooring on months. The last room was the second bathroom. I still have a pile of tile on my porch waiting for their home. 

     

5. Paint 2nd bedroom - I picked what colors we already have for the second bedroom - blues. I bought brushes and rollers. I was all ready to paint when the nephew returned. Then he left. Then I changed the plan for the room. I want to get rid of the big shelves and put shelving on the wall all the way around the room to hold all our collections - cars, toys, games etc. Now I have a plan. I need to take everything down, get the walls prepped and just do it. Then the shelf can go up. It won't cost much either and get the stuff higher up and out of the way. 


6. Paint and try to start redo on the kitchen - The moving the cabinets idea has been replaced with building all new cabinets. Ten feet of cabinets, with doors. The added costs pushes this project back. But it gives me time to find the Plexiglas for the doors and handles. (This remains the same. The plan goes into effect after vacation.)


7. Get the shed out of the 2nd bath - The husband cleaned out the bathroom turned shed completely right before the nephew came in May. Since we had to shut down the leaking toilet in the master bath after loosing the pump for the well the second bathroom is the new toilet. We still use the master shower. 


8. Green it up - I am now up to 4 planters - rabbit (below), frog, sheep and lamb. I have a bunch of other plants by the kitchen window. I found a few on clearance at Lowe's. 



9. Take care of the finances - Well, as someone may have read on the previous post I completed the bankruptcy. I have a new bank account and I am starting the "paying myself first" plan. I also told the husband that I am not going to be the one who bails people out. I am on time with all my bills. --Update: I do pay myself every payday. This helps with saving for vacation, as well as having money when the pump went out. 


10. Do more, compute less - I am guilty of daily computer usage. I have a pile of books to read. We are finding more Groupons and coupons and doing something at least once a week. Coming up: Zoo x2, planetarium, natural history museum and miniature golf. 



11. Downsize - I gave away two boxes and two bags of stuff. It felt good. Plus the thrift store folks jumped on my stuff when I left it. Now to start a new box. The second bedroom redo will help to clear up stuff in that room and the master closet. I am so excited!

12. Sew something - No new sewing. I did put more fabric in my crafty box. Christmas is coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment