Sunday, July 8, 2012

Turning 40


I don't feel 40 and that is just where I will be soon. I don't think I look 40. I have grey hairs, but not as much as most people. I am not very wrinkly. I am not sure what a 40 year old should look and act like.


So where am at in life at 40? I don't have kids. I have plenty of pets. I am a home body most days. I am knee deep in a "career." I have the husband and family. I tend to have my goofy moments. Other days I feel like I'm elderly.

When I turned 30 I got a tattoo (still my only one) and I quit my job because I realized how miserable I was doing it (customer service for cell phones). I don't foresee anything that dramatic, but if this nonsense with the nephew continues on I may move back to my house to get away from the lazy, mooching hipster.

Just for laughs I googled what "celebrities" turn 40 this year:

Jennifer Garner
Jennie Garth
Gwyneth Paltrow
Ben Affleck
Sofia Vergara


Cameron Diaz
Josh Duhamel
Jenny McCarthy


Carmen Electra


Dwayne Johnson "The Rock"
Maya Rudolph


Jude Law
Rebecca Romijn
Gabrielle Union
Wentworth Miller


Alyssa Milano
Eminem
Thandie Newton



Selma Blair
Common
Amanda Peet
Jill Scott
Angie Harmon



Eli Roth


Toni Collette


John Cho



Dane Cook
Jennifer Taylor
Wayne Brady
and
Scott Foley

Amazingly I knew who most of these folks are. They are a diverse group. Some are cool and others I wouldn't want to share the big 40 with. I don't look a thing like them. Maybe if I had a trainer, plus makeup and hair fixing me up. 


I tend to have no luck around birthdays. Bad things tend to go badly - mother forgot, breakup with boyfriend - you know, the usual. 


I saw this and I guess this is uplifting...


So 40 may just be another birthday without excitement. The husband is going to take me out for the day. I told him where I want to eat. It is going to be just me and him. For a change my birthday does not fall on a working day. Yeah! Nothing sucks more than being at work on my birthday when you don't want anyone knowing what day it is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment