Saturday, November 22, 2014

Indiana Vacation - part 3

While we were in Indiana during Halloween we also went to see home haunted places. Years back the husband and I went to Eastern State Penitentiary. That was a creepy place.

My friend found a haunted library. The Willard library, in Evansville, Indiana, is said to be haunted by The Grey Lady. She has been showing up in the library since the 1930s. We went on Saturday night to one of their tours. It was even free. The library building is huge. The place was packed. Scarier than the ghost were some of the characters in the tour. We joked about them but did not spot any ghosts.

The Grey Lady


Not that it was haunted, but my friend wanted to go to The Boo at The Zoo at the Louisville Zoo. She made her costume, the Queen of Hearts. She got multiple compliments. I threw together a costume before we left. I thought I was dressed as a farm hand, but ended up I was just dressed regular for around there - the husband's overalls, a striped shirt, a cowboy hat and pigtails. The husband donned his motorcycle gear. He looked the most normal of the group.


It was a little odd without a child. They had stations set up for trick or treating. Most of the zoo was closed off so everyone went around the mile circle. We did see a snow leopard, a Bongo and a handful of others. They had themed areas decorated. The decorations were great. I forgot the camera or else I would have had a bunch of photos.


Waverly Hills


We looked forward to going to Waverly Hills Sanatorium. I already had it on my list of places to see. I have a fascination with hospitals, haunted places, etc.

It was packed with people. Not really that far off of the road and up on a hill. It was not quite what I imagined. You parked right in front of the building. We went to a short tour and skipped the haunted house on Halloween. The tour took us only a small part of the immense building. My friend said she saw the shadow people. The only let us use a flashlight on the stairs, so I was focused on not tripping/ Definitely need to check that out for a full tour.


No comments:

Post a Comment