Monday, March 25, 2013

Happy Birthday Honey

The husband was a good sport since he had no serious birthday plans. It ended being a groupon/gift card birthday celebration.

I had earned a gift card to Game Stop from answering surveys. The husband had forgotten all about it. We swung by one outside our usual area and he found two Wii games. He had to get the Jimmie Johnson game.


He didn't know what he wanted to do. We decided to use a Groupon I had for Mellow Mushroom. On the way there we went by my house to check on it. Dead bugs from when we prayed are all that reside there. But no squatters. For some reason I worry about someone staying there. I have no idea where I get these ideas. I reminded my sister and oldest niece that the place was available to them if they ever want to move to Florida.

Since we were in the area I conned the husband into one stop for me - The Habitat Restore. I found a few 8 tracks, another brown 8 track case and a pile of books. It cost less than $3. I was excited. I don't know how much the guy charged for the 8 track holder.

We went by Lowe's but only window shopped. I know what type of flowers I want for planting now.


We went to Mellow Mushroom. We both ordered calzones. The husband also ordered some pretzels as an appetizer (card overload). He had the Guinness Black. It was his birthday so I splurged. We are picky pizza eaters. There is only one pizza place (Renna's) in a 50 mile radius that we adore. There are a couple places we can tolerate. This is our second visit to Mellow Mushroom in two years. We decided not to bother with them again. Their dough is too sweet and they don't have the right kind of white pizza (his favorite).



Then we wandered about and ended up in Jacksonville. We hit a a couple thrifts. Then we decided to use another Groupon for Dairy Queen. It tool a couple stops before we found one that took the coupon.


Mainly we wandered about. The husband loves to drive. It was not a pay week, so it was better to use coupons to save money. I still ended up spending more on lunch than I planned since the husband is all about the extras. But it was his birthday.

Bridge to bridge view



No comments:

Post a Comment