Sunday, December 30, 2012

2013: The Year of Awesomeness

I am not a fan of resolutions. If I want to resolve to do anything I will make that change throughout the year. Last year I posted the 12 for 12 Goals. I did the majority of them.

13 for 13

In no specific order of importance...


1. Sell 150 items: 
Sell 150 items to outdo 2012's 99 items sold. That is 12.5 items a month. Hmmm, better get more stock.


2. Weekly Blog Posts:
I have not been writing weekly posts. I would like to do a post a week or more.


3. Read a Book Per Month:
I keep saying I need to read more. I have a stack of books. No excuses. At least once a month I will read and post what I read.


4. Track my Food to Lose Weight:
I started 2012 using the app on my phone and I did lose weight. With recent knee pain and knowing that fertility is related to weight this is a much. Plus it would be healthier and nice to have more energy.


5. Monthly Adventures:
The husband and I have been saying how much we enjoy going on adventures that are more than 30 minutes from the house. We also want to limit our spending. If we plan for shorter treks the other three weekends that would be great. We could look forward to the big trip each month.

 

6. Get serious about starting a family: 
I have been charting my cycle. I have tried the ovulation check once. I am now 40. I need to get serious.


7. Save Money:
My savings account is now down to $24 with Christmas and needing money to cover bills. I need to pay myself first and build up a savings.


8. Watch More Movies:
I have been watching far too many bad TV shows with people who shouldn't be celebrities. I have always had a TV addiction. I want to switch that addiction to watching movies. I found my attention span drop to 30 minutes at a time. I started watching more movies in recent months. I am trying to watch old movies and from my long Netflix queue. I loaded up the DVR with movies.  Just this morning I watched Butterfield 8. Not thrilled with it, but I am wishful about the others waiting for me to watch them.


9. Improve at Work:
I want to get more organized. I have been so good at staying on top of paperwork, computer entries and seeing all my "clients." In the past month I have accumulated a mile high pile of filing and gotten behind on my entries. Although my supervisor doesn't seem concerned about this it drives me crazy. I was thinking of going into work on New Years Day since the husband is working, but that would take gas and take away from my personal time. I need to find another way to get it all done.


10. Take a Real Vacation:
We want to take a vacation that does not involve going to see family. We have never done this. We need to save for this type of trip since it does not include our usual free housing. We have seen plenty of family members in 4 states in the last few years. It is time we go somewhere where it is all our schedule and what we want to do.


11. Try Something New:
I have been slacking on trying new things - whether it is food, an activity or something to better my life. Definitely need to try to do something new at least once a month.


12. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: 
I already do many things for this topic, but I can always do more. I recycle, I try and re-purpose items and reduce my waste. I want to find new ways of reducing what we have as well.


13. More home improvement: 
There are still plenty of projects around the house - the kitchen and the master bath being the largest. We did paint the second bedroom and put up my long awaited shelf. The floor (that we have the tile for) still needs work. The closet needs organizing. The second bath needs work and painting. A little work at a time will get more done this year.





No comments:

Post a Comment