Friday, December 23, 2011

Holiday Survey


1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? I drink both, but have a small limit each year on egg nog. Iyty just hasn’t been cold often enough to make hot chocolate this year.


2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap most, bigger things are put under the tree.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?  I have a tree in the living room and on the porch. Both have white lights. I mix it up some years.  

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, never have.

5. When do you put your decorations up?  The weekend after Thanksgiving. If the lights don’t go up all that day they don’t go up.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I make pizzelles most Christmases. This year I made them twice and in 3 different flavors.


7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I remember helping pick out the real tree. One year I dropped a box full of ornaments breaking most of them. I liked the years when there were tons of presents under the tree, especially the tobagon.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think it was the year I found the presents hidden.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I  like to open one present Christmas eve. There aren’t any presents to open the older I get.  Maybe next year. This year presents were cancelled.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I have a smaller tree in the living room. I found a wonderful white tree this year. I decorated it with the smaller and more colorful ornaments. I kept getting more ornaments on sale or at thrift stores so it is getting full. The large tree on the porch has the larger ornaments, snowflakes, stars and bells. It is more metal ornaments. It is more of a tri-themed tree.

My tree before all the thrift additions

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I wouldn’t  mind a little but I am in Florida so that would not work out.

12. Can you ice skate? No! I tried once when I was 11. As soon as I hot the ice I fell and broke my glasses. Never again.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Who can pick a favorite. I love all my gifts.  

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family of course. The decorations and lights help make it more festive.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pizzelles because I only make them at Christmas.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  Driving around looking at lights. We don’t have many other traditions.


17. What tops your tree? An angel who has a bulb for a head and lights up blue on the tree inside. On the porch it is a star.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving. Presents were cancelled this year, but we still got something for the inlaws. I miss finding deals and neat things for everyone, but this year I do not miss stressing and shipping it all.

19. Candy canes: yuck or yummy?  I don’t really like them.


20. Favorite Christmas show? For my favorite movie I would say National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. I need to find it on TV, haven’t seen it this year yet.

21. Saddest Christmas song? That is an odd question. I like the more upbeat ones best.

22. What is your favorite Christmas song?  Santa Baby is so cute. I have to listen to The Muppets doing the 12 days of Christmas at least once every Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment