Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanks

Since this is the week of Thanksgiving I am federally mandated to discuss what I am thankful for.


Seriously, with the father in-law's recent heart attack, the husband's bum knee and numerous sick friends I have to think about being thankful for my health. Then I had a migraine today. Now I am worried I ODed on Goody's power because I took two tonight.


I am really thankful for my wonderful family. The husband and in-laws are my immediate family. Without them I would be a lonely crazy cat lady.


I am thankful for my pet children. They drive me crazy with their yapping just like real teenagers. It also costs too much to feed them. I think I should be able to claim them as dependents.

I am thankful I have a job in this wonderful economy. Every day is an adventure. You never know if someone will be eating their flesh, looking like a concentration camp victim or inserting something into a urethra. I think I am the only one in the department that looks forward to the strangest clients.


I am thankful for my freedom. I try and appreciate it every day. Too many people are imprisoned by someone else or by their own choices. 

I am thankful for a roof over my head. The roof doesn't leak and no one has fallen through the floor in a long time. I am thankful I have found many interesting things to help fix up the house. I just have to get off my butt and put down a floor over the entire house this winter.


I am thankful for my mind. So many people suffer from countless disorders that remove their faculties. I am thankful my mental health is the best it has ever been. The husband may beg to differ.

I am thankful that my mother in-law cooks the whole dinner. I am happy to eat. She has yet to find anything she makes that I don't like.


Now let's eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment