Sunday, August 12, 2012

Pride and Shame

As I look around the house for things to declutter I also notice what I have accumulated, especially ion the last couple years. I have been working on the kitchen. Still working towards the husband making new cabinets and future painting, I have been finding objects that fit my vision for the future.

I have always been a sucker for avocado green. Maybe it was the refrigerator from my childhood or my grandmother's upright freezer. Maybe it was the avocado green blender that someone gave me years ago (that Graceland has the same one in the kitchen). When we moved from my house to the husband's I decided that I wanted a blue and green kitchen. Since he finds so many deals at work we have been fixing up his 80s mobile home for the past two years.

So I took some pictures of some of the items that make me feel like I am back in time in the kitchen.


Kitchen clock. My priciest purchase. But it looked so cool. The husband made the wire go into the wall so it looks very sleek. 


50 cents at a yard sale. How adorable. 


The Sesame Street Cookie jar that holds dog treats. This is not retro, but reminds me of my childhood. I have had this for years. 


My beautiful bread box. From MBK in Jacksonville. Good deal on it too. 



The inside of the bread box. The husband couldn't clean up the insert so he painted it pistachio green. 


On top of the microwave has been accumulating objects. There is Mr Peanut from the other week's finds with pistachios in him. The husband painted the cheap Walmart timer for me. 


This is just the canisters I have. I didn't photograph the other Tupperware. The green ones were given to me years and years ago. I came upon the yellow and orange months back at a thrift store. 


This the Walmart $1 frog bank that holds my change until it is thrifting time. Isn't he cute. 

Onto other parts of the house...


The hallway bookcase. All the books are for sale. The 8 tracks are my own personal collection overflow. I need a couple more 8 track cases. At least I separated the for sale and not for sale books. 


The needlepoint wall is growing. I definitely need more to fill in the gaps. 


The 1978 Tree mirror was found in town at a thrift store for a couple bucks. 


The tree print moved walls when the husband moved around the living room. 


Now the trees line the long wall. 


Now for my shame...


The master bathroom floor. Yes, the previous owners have two kinds of linoleum. Can't wait to get rid of this. 


The master bathroom wall. The husband had moved the closet and the sink. This must have been the original 1980s wallpaper. 

We have our work cut out for us. 


2 comments:

  1. You have so many neat things in your home. I love your needlepoint art. The Sesame Street treat jar is fun too. Thanks again for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brandi! I am enjoying your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete