Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mini Golf and More

St Augustine, FL

The husband kicked my butt at miniature golf. I guess I won't be on the pro tour anytime soon. It was a hot and rainy day, but we did our usual trash talking. Who knew every game and sport could involve trash talking. Someone said to me once that fishing can't have trash talking. Oh I beg to differ. That is what makes it fun.

Cool Pirate Ship !

You can see the ocean from up here.

The best part is during this trip we scored a second miniature golf club. I searched my stash and found that I had two miniature golf balls. The backyard miniature golf course is well on its way. Now the next time I see outdoor green carpet/AstroTurf on sale I am jumping on it. The gigantic decorative animals will have to wait until I come across something for a reasonable price.

Of course I used my trip to St Augustine to go to a few thrift stores. I returned to the Betty Griffin Thrift Store again and we scored another piece to our car bedroom. The husband found it. I saw a MCM end table with two drawers that I had to resist. The lamp goes perfectly and even works.
(image borrowed from ebay)


Side note: the father in-law happened to have this mini version of the lamp that he gave us for the room. He had it in the garage and dusted it off for us. He rocks!!

Borrowed from Google images

At another thrift store the husband found an our for his john boat. He lucks into these things. They just put it out and he got it for $5.

The husband says he will no longer be without a paddle. Haha!

I had an itch to check out a Thrift Core suggestion... My Brother's Keeper or MBK in Jacksonville. This was definitely the mother load. It looked all simple and normal when we first walked in. We went back, room upon room. Then it said more this way. There lay a warehouse sized room filled with everything. The first thing we saw was a pile of 8 tracks. I think I saw rays of light coming down upon them. I was only able to find two decent ones. The husband found more 8 tracks in a case, just like the one I already have. Sweet!

This is only the beginning.

We wandered around the immense space looking through, well, everything. They had so much we were on overload. We wandered down every aisle. I ended up with only the 8 tracks and case for a mere $2.50.
Huge!

We went on to The Thrift Center. It was mainly clothing, yet huge. I was unimpressed with the broken things I saw and some higher prices. I bought what the husband thinks is a trivet with birds on it. I think it looks like something that hangs on a wall. Not sure what to do with it yet.


The husband was hungry, so we tried Google Places on the fancy android phone to find food. We ended up wandering until we ended up at Seven Bridges in Jacksonville. The husband tried the beer sampler. It was overpriced food from a restaurant with their own brewery. It was ok. A bit too yuppy for my liking.


So there is my latest adventures. I am considering numbering these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment