Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sick

I jinxed myself last week by commenting on how I haven't been sick in a while. I have had bouts of the scratchy throat that is the precursor to sickness. This weekend it came on full force. On Saturday I made the mistake of trying to fend off sickness by taking over the counter cold medicine. That made me drowsy and feel off.


source

I went to bed early on Saturday and was a bum all day Sunday. I was feeling better but by the evening I was worse. The sneezing, the watery eyes, the running nose and the aches. I decided that even with a never ending workload I needed to take a sick day.

I have been off for two days. That is equivalent to missing out on seeing about 25 people. I am trying not to stress about this since I am honestly sick. When I go back to work tomorrow I will prioritize who needs to be seen and reschedule the rest. Monday is a holiday so that would have pushed some appointments back anyway.


source

So I have spent the last few days watching way too much television. Yes, a lot of bad television. Today I tried to redeem myself with a lot of Law & Order SVU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment