Sunday, August 11, 2013

In a Heat Induced Slump and a Pub

That is the only way I can explain it. We haven't been venturing to new places. We have been spending more time at home on weekend. But we have been using groupons/coupons.

The other week we used a coupon for The King's Head British Pub in St Augustine. I have been fighting my newish phone to connect with the computer, but even by wire it is being difficult. So here are some borrowed pictures from the web:

Here is the outside. The glass windows have these circles in them. I have no idea what that is but it was fascinating to me.


source

This is about what our table's view was. I had things to look at the whole time. Plus eavesdropping on other people's conversations.


source

This is what I ate. I figured if I was at an English pub I should eat fish and chips. It was yummy, but the price was high due to being based on current fish prices. The husband had a burger. He said it was good.


source

The double decker bus was on the other side of the building. We were there the weekend of their 21st anniversary. They had a fundraiser car wash, lots of bikers, a band and classic cars.


source

Their logo. It is off the beaten path and north of downtown St Augustine and all the touristy spots.


source

The husband has a black and tan with his lunch. I am glad we got their in early afternoon because I am sure the place gets very packed on a Saturday. The staff were quick and friendly.

Here is their website:

King's Head British Pub

No comments:

Post a Comment