Tuesday, July 2, 2013

13 in 13: June Update


  source
1. Sell 150 items: 
34 items sold in 2013. June rallied and I was amazed at how many books I sold.
The husband has been helping with mailing them. Yeah!



  source
2. Weekly Blog Posts: 
Only 3 weeks. It was the rain's fault.


  source
3. Read a Book Per Month: 
Road Trip Nation: A Guide to Discovering Your Path in Life




      Source
4. Track my Food to Lose Weight: 
No bike rides. The bike has been sitting on the porch. With all the rain I need to come up with a plan to get some riding in. I am doing horribly on this goal. I am probably at my heaviest and I feel horrible.

  source
5. Monthly Adventures: 
Vacation:


  source
6. Get serious about starting a family: 
Nothing new. The kittens get all the parenting we have.


  source      
7. Save Money: 
We did well and the 3rd paycheck of the month covered the small amount we spent on vacation (thanks to coupons and cheap adventures). I did have to use some of the paypal money to pay the husband back when we sold the phones and his new idea for something crafty to sell. It is still in the prep stage. I do manage to have $280 in savings and money in paypal.

      
  source
8. Watch More Movies:
Contraband
Grease (a repeat but you have to watch it when it's on)
Underworld (another already seen but it's so good movie)
Female Trouble


  source   
9. Improve at Work: 
I continue to stay out of the drama filled nonsense even with impending change in who pays us. I did get to talk to the supervisor about the disbursement of work. She put more on the one who does the least (reports and schedules showed how little she does) but in the weeks since nothing has changed.

I have been applying and interviewing for months. I finally am getting closer to a new job. It is still in the negotiating stage. I know I will have to take a pay cut but I see a lot of positives in changing my work environment. I see the light at the end of the tunnel.


   source
10. Take a Real Vacation: 
We took our vacation this month. It was a well needed break. We only spent one night away from home and that almost didn't happen because of our older pets. Next vacation maybe we can go further or at least a weekend trip.


  source      
11. Try Something New: 
I am trying to be more open to work opportunities. I went to an interview and did not know it was a position working in a school. I am trying to be more open. Now I didn't ask for the elementary, but I am open to middle and high school. I don't need to cut myself off from opportunities to grow in my field.


   source  
12. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: 
Since the last trip to take recycling to the dump we have accumulated a trash can full and started the second. We have been giving containers to the father in-law for starting his seeds. Plus we always shop second hand for as much as we can. The husband even bought thrift shirts for work!


     source
13. More home improvement: 
Nothing new this month. I have some leave time money coming to me once things change over at work. I plan on at least going something with the kitchen (I have been yearning for husband built cabinets with doors for so long I sound like a record) and probably do something at my house since it has been empty for so long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment