Sunday, July 21, 2013

The most boring birthday ever...

I have never been a huge fan of my birthday. Childhood disappointment. I really don't like being at work on my birthday. That may stem from my 30th birthday when I worked on my birthday, got fed up and quit the next day. It was my mid-life crisis. It was also a long time ago when I worked customer service for a huge company.


source

Anyway, this year I lucked out and my birthday was on a weekend. I had hoped to go somewhere I had never been. Then they predicted rain. It did rain, a bunch. So I am glad I didn't travel just to get soaked. I can go on a sunny day. The husband took me to breakfast. We ended up waiting an hour for food. He was able to loose it. We stopped by his folks. We ended up using a coupon to go to lunch. Then we hit a couple thrifts. I was well behaved after my mid week thrifting and only spent the change in my pocket. I even came home with change.


source

I have been fed up with the second bedroom and how that dumping ground makes me hate the room. So I decided to spend almost a day cleaning it out. I pulled out almost everything in the room and closet. The husband went though the container filled with cords and wires. We went through the huge stack of board games we have accumulated. The sell pile is very large. I did promise I would play a couple of them before I sell it.


source

When I reset the shelves in the closet it fit everything even better. I pushed the fooseball table to the back of the room. I am now able to sit in my cool chair. I do have a huge area of items to sell and the piles of books are still too many, but the next step is to give away what isn't selling. I am very happy with the hard work. The room is now not my least favorite. I have a lot of work to do in order to list all the games and weed through the books. It is now a reasonable and organized mess.


source

The room is so much better that one of the dogs has taken it over for his hang out place. We had a child gate in front of the doorway, due to the kittens. The kittens actually like to play on the fooseball table. They hit the ball. So the whole family agrees cleaner is better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment