Saturday, November 10, 2012

Family Overdose

I missed another week of posting. It was an in-law filled weekend last weekend.


Last Saturday we invited the in-laws to use the the Cici's pizza Groupon. We haven't been spending much time with them since the nephew moved there and they started running a hostel for him and his friends. No family dinners, no hanging out on the weekend. They must have missed us. :)

So we all went to lunch. Afterwards we went to two places my husband is not a huge fan of, Barnes & Noble and Target. The mother in-law found a few books and some odds and ends. She was happy. So happy that she made us dinner that night.


Then Sunday the husband and I were grocery shopping. He decided he wanted to make linguine and clam sauce. He then decided to invited the family over. After agreeing to help me clean the house thoroughly I agreed. We usually clean on Sundays, but just the basics - laundry, floors, kitchen, bathroom. People coming over involved clearing off the counters and a bit more cleaning than we usually live with.


The in-laws and the nephew came over and ate. Afterwards we played UNO. It was a fun family evening. It was only the third time in the 2 years we have lived here that they came for dinner. I am fortunate that every time the husband cooked.

By the end of the weekend I was beat. This week was very busy at work so I never did get to my weekly post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment