Wednesday, January 1, 2014

13 in 13: End of the Year Summary

  source
1. Sell 150 items: 

Total sold: 62

Summary: I stopped selling on ebay. I still have a books on half.com. It became too much pf a chore, filled up the spare room and was a pain to deal with. I think If I continue I will stick with books and things that fit into padded envelopes for shipping.



  source
2. Weekly Blog Posts: 

December posts: 4

All year posts:
January - 5
February - 5
March - 9
April 6
May - 5
June - 3
July - 5
August - 4
September - 4
October - 5
November - 4
December - 4

Summary: I didn't post every week, but I did a fair bit. The usual starting the year strong and petering out. This looks like a success.


  source
3. Read a Book Per Month: 

Number of books read: 9, read during 6 out of 12 months.

Summary: I read much more online and things that are brief. I am ashamed that it has come to that. I continue to have a stack of To Be Read books.



      Source
4. Track my Food to Lose Weight: 

Final: I gained weight. I am snug in all my clothes. I am tired and stuffed. I am starting back logging my food, eating salads for lunch and the husband is bringing over a piece of exercise equipment that has been in the shed.


5. Monthly Adventures: 

Summary: I think I have done great with this one. I have been using the calendar on my phone to save the dates of interesting events. I already have 3 weekends in January scheduled. Also the coupon/groupons help. I doubt I will ever run out of adventures. We definitely go somewhere interesting at least once for month. Success!


  source
6. Get serious about starting a family: 

Final: Nothing has changed with this. I am getting older, perhaps too old to have kids. I need to do it or give up. The bills are paid off, the house is almost fixed up and these eggs are old.


  source      
7. Save Money: 

Final: $3000+

Summary: I paid off my car and my student loans this year - with help from a loan repayment program and laid off/ PTO time paid. Next to pay off is the small loan for the AC unit at my house. Also I can start using the savings for some things we have been putting off - new glasses, a new bed, home improvements etc, all while still savings hundreds per month. By 2015 I will owe nothing but the monthly bills. Super Success!

      
  source
8. Watch More Movies:
December movies: Red 2, Frozen

Summary: I still love movies. Success!


  source
9. Improve at Work: 

Summary: I am still employed. I always work on being better at my job. I received a compliment when my co-worker referred to me as the supervisor. I corrected her. Then she said I tell her when she does things wrong without making her feel dumb. Success!


   source
10. Take a Real Vacation: 

Summary: This year it was short trips with our sick pets. But we did leave the state and had several nights away from home. Next year I have to save up leave time with the new company just to get a whole week, probably in the summer. In the mean time I would like to take weekend trips more. Success!
  source      
11. Try Something New: 

Summary: This one was not a huge success. But I think this one is about the little things. I interviewed and considered new jobs. I ate different foods. I am always working on self improvement. Life long success.


   source  
12. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: 

Summary: I continue to recycle everything I can. I try to come up with new ways to reuse things. I donate whatever I don't use. We have about one bag of trash a week. Definite success.


     source
13. More home improvement: 

Summary: We painted, fixed, beautified, reorganized, moved and cleaned out. Nothing huge this year. With  the pay off of the bills we have more money to work on. The simple request for new kitchen cabinets the thoughts on the kitchen possibilities are growing and growing. I think this too is a success with more success to come.


Overall I think I did well on most of the goals. My strengths and weaknesses are obvious. I will continue improving myself and the world around me. I just don't think I will be writing a list every month. I may just post about my goals as they come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment